Friday, February 24, 2012

It's Only 3 Weeks...C'mon


















I have been doing the same exercise routine for two years. It is boring. I don't like it. My muscle strength, definition, and endurance has not increased at all.

So, I was thinking it's probably time to get a new one! Only took two years for that to dawn on me.

Another revelation: I don't have to hire a personal trainer to give me a new workout schedule, because I have a computer and I pay for an internet connection!

I searched and searched (for about 2 minutes, at least) until I found one that fit my criteria:

1. Must be as short as possible, but still do the job. I only have a one hour slot of time for exercise. That includes getting up and feeling my way to the bathroom (1 min.), getting dressed (2 min.), doing my hair (10 seconds), finding my keys (5 minutes), grabbing my water bottle and ipod (2 min.), forgetting my water bottle and running back in the house to get it (3 min.), driving to the gym (8 min.), and driving back (10 min. - the roads are busier by then). So, not an hour of working out. An hour ALTOGETHER.
2. Must include all the muscle groups. Cause everyone knows by now that the more muscle a gal has, the more energy (I don't believe in calories, so I say 'energy') she burns, right? Plus, I don't want to have abs of steel with arms of flab.
3. Must not be complicated. I don't do complicated.

Anyway, I think I found a winner. It's only 3 weeks long - which is a lot less of a commitment than all of these 6, 8, and 12-week programs. At least in 3 weeks, if I decide I don't like it, I won't feel like I wasted my entire year, and I can move on to something else.

Anyone want to do it with me?

It's all right here if you do.

C'mon...it'll be FUN!

(I am starting week 3 on Monday, but each week is practically identical, so you can still do it with me! Also, I like the progress I've seen so much already, that I think I'll do it over - with heavier weights - after I finish)

1 comment: